With the number of winners Bel Esprit is producing of late (he’s No. 5 on the Australian General Sires’ chart by winners), Brian has plenty to brag about and – not surprisingly – is getting a fair amount of traffic to his blog.
Let’s face it, if just a third of the owners of Bel Esprit racehorses took a look, it would be one of the busiest racing blogs in the country!
Anyhow, we’re not going to steal Brian’s thunder (as if we could), so suffice to list the Bel Esprit winners during the past week:
- Globalwarmnsceptic (2 April @ Oakbank): second win in as many starts after winning at Morphettville on 19 March)
- Laudit (31 March @ Seymour): Bel Esprit’s 100th individual winner for the season
- Washbash River (29 March @ Sale): a win and two seconds from four outings
- Apple Esprit (28 March @ Ararat): lightly raced first cropper wins third race for new trainer Austy Coffey
- Belwins & Lazaroo (27 March @ Penang): a double for Bel Esprit in Malaysia – now has winners in seven countries
- Black Caviar, Bel Rhythm & Royal Express (25 March @ Moonee Valley, Geelong & Albury): Bel Rhythm, a win and two seconds from as many starts; Royal Express third win in a row; and just in case you’ve come out of a coma, Black Caviar notched up No. 11